Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Stampin' Up! 2015-2017 In Color Card

Hooray for the new Stampin' Up! Catalog. The 2015-2016 catatlog was launched yesterday but I was called into work, so my plans for a blog post had to be postponed. When the new in colors are released, I like to make a card using only those colors. The 2015-2017 colors include: Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. These colors had me a little stumped with using them all together but The Challenge sketch at Always Playing with Paper saved me!!! I used five flags from the sketch to represent each new color. The patterned paper is from the Cherry on Top Paper Stack and the stamp set used is called Sprinkles of Life. A portion of the proceeds from the Sprinkle of Life stamp set go to Ronald McDonald House Charities which made it easy to justify my purchase. :)

The second challenge I used to make this card is from The Paper Players and this week they have a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge.  I used the bottom row across, die-cut (ovals), patterned paper and any shade of yellow (Delightful Dijon). To lighten the Dijon color on the ice cream cone, I sponged on some Craft Stampin' Ink and rubbed it into the cardstock really well. I fussy-cut the cone and used the new Tree Builder punch to punch out the ice cream. The final touch was adding the three silver sequins. That's it!

If you haven't seen the new catalog click here for the pdf version. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card and a great way to showcase the colors. So cute! Thanks for playing along with my tic tac toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Andrea - the perfect showcase of the new in-colours! Neat trick on the ice-cream cone too; I'll have to remember that. Thanks for joining us again over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, this is such a fun card! I love the new colors and that ice cream cone looks delicious! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ice cream cone and the FUN sprinkle like DP papers!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Challenge, what FUN it is to see such s agreat card in the gallery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Love that ice cream cone, looks very cool and minty! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊