Sunday, September 28, 2014

Spooky Faces Halloween Card

Hello! With only a few days left in September I decided I needed to get busy making Halloween cards. This Spooky Faces Halloween Card was made using the The Paper Players sketch challenge hosted by Sandy. To create this card I used the Fall Fest stamp set but only used the faces. The idea was ghostly faces in the dark, so I embossed the faces on black paper. The faces were punched using a 1" circle punch and then matted to 1 1/4" circles. For the matting colors I used: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango. I decided to add some Tangerine Tango twine and heat embossed the Inkadinkado sentiment. It was pretty easy to make. What do you think about the spooky faces?

I'm linking my creation to the following challenges:
We would love for you to join us this week at The Paper Players. The design team has created some wonderful inspiration for you this week, CLICK HERE to check it out. All paper crafting brands are welcome. You have until Friday, October 3rd at NOON (PST) to enter your card in the gallery. Can't wait to see how you use the sketch.

Here is the sketch:

19 comments:

  1. Cute card and great sketch! It's not too spooky! It's just right! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the spooky faces, Andrea! This is such a great stamp set with so many uses. Love your choice of colors and the sentiment stamped on the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Andrea, this is too cute! I love those faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fun, spooky faces, Andrea! This card is bound to bring a smile to someone! Wonderful use of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, I love the bright colors on that DP background! It's so eye catching. And then the faces.... which are so fun with the word spooky...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Andrea! I love the way you used these stamps for spooky faces. The coloured circle mounts really pop against the background too and look great with the sentiment and your choice of DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable too! Woohoo, lots of fun Halloween ideas this week! I think you could almost qualify for the Colour Me...! Challenge this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Andrea, this card is fabulous! I love the bright paper and those embossed faces look so spooky! This is the perfect card for the sketch! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Andrea, I love those faces

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrea, I love that you used these faces for other than pumpkin faces. And they're perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Those faces make me smile! I love your card, TFS and thanks for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too fun! I love all the different faces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card..... makes me smile.... thanks for joining us at HIMCR for the challenge.
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those faces and the embossed sentiment on the chevron background. Fabulous card and a great take on the sketch
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab colors and layout! Thanks for joining the EnTWINEd Challenge at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your spooky faces! Great color choices as well. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! Your spooky faces are so much fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cards in Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the halloween faces!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you made your spooky faces! Very cute Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊