Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Guest Designer at Crafting by Designs

Hello! Back in April one of my cards was selected as a spotlight winner for the anything goes challenge at Crafting by Designs. Shortly after an email showed up asking me to be a Guest Designer for their July Anything Goes challenge. I gladly agreed and the challenge starts today! I hope you will play along!!!

When I sat down to create my card I originally made a card to celebrate Independence Day but I wasn't overly thrilled with it. Then I decided to take a different approach and use red, white and blue with the lovely wheelbarrow pre-colored image by Fred She Said. The blue floral patterned paper is by Pebbles and the red is from the brights designer series paper stack by Stampin' Up! This card is a mix of digital and stamped images. The flowers are stamped using the Petite Petals stamp set and crushed curry ink. I used the coordinating Petite Petals punch and added a candy dot in the center of the flowers. The square scalloped die is by Spellbinders and I used a corner rounder on the image panel. After stamping the Happy Birthday Wishes sentiment by Stampin' Up! I used my oval punches and layered the pieces together. In the end I'm much happier with how this card turned out. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely, Andrea! Thanks so much for guest designing at Crafting By Designs, we are so happy you joined us :)

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wheelbarrow graphic is very pretty -- but your design and selected papers really make this card pop -- the green edging around the graphic really makes it look complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GD - they are lucky to have ya! This is a gorgeous take on the traditional red/white/blue - love that wheelbarrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea this is such a lovely card, such happy colors! Thanks for joining us as a Guest Designer at Crafting by Designs! Hugs, Doris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊