Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pretty Birdies Card


Most afternoons you will find my backyard busy with birds. I have seven bird feeders that I try to keep stocked with seed. It's terrific entertainment for my household felines who lay at the back windows and watch them for hours. We have two resident cottontail rabbits who love eating from the ground feeders and the neighborhood squirrels will usually pay us a few visits. This Pretty Birdies Card was inspired by my backyard feathered friends. I used this weeks sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I rotated the sketch to accommodate the Doodle Pantry Spring Song Birdies image. The scalloped oval die is my oldest and I also used the retired Little Leaves Sizzlits. The patterned paper is some scrap from my stash that I believe is by The Paper Studio. To cut the wavy edge of the card I used an older Creative Memories wavy trimmer. The flowers were stamped with Calypso Coral ink using the Petite Petals stamp set and coordinating punch all by Stampin' Up!. In the center of the flower I added Daffodil Delight Candy Dots. That about sums it up. Thanks for stopping by!

My Pretty Birdies Card is entered into the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love those sweet birdies! Your backyard sounds like a heavenly place and great fun for the kitties to watch! My cats would be making all kinds of little noises watching the activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Pretty papers and the sketch looks great turned! My kitties love to watch birds! I have one that jumps at the door all the time trying to catch them! LOL
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours and cute little birdies! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the "Oldest Punch / Die" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I believe you enjoyed making this card and the colors and design are awesome...... The details are too numerous to mention -- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card! I love the pop of the green oval behind your image. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card, Andrea! Thank you for entering your card at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Please join us again this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me smile :) Super cute and I love how you mirrored the flowers from the digi. Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog-see you tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely project! Love how you colored the image!Thanks for playing at Clear it out challenge blog! We hope to see you next time! Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊