Thursday, June 27, 2013

Butterflies & Poppies Sympathy Card

Hello! Since I find sympathy cards a challenge to create, I decided to make another one. This Butterflies & Poppies Sympathy Card was based off a card I found on Pinterest (click here for inspiration card link). I used the Framed Tulips embossing folder for the outside detail and layered the center with the stamped poppies image. The colors are Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Very Vanilla, and Crisp Cantaloupe. I inked the edges of the script paper by My Mind's Eye with Antique Linen distress ink from Tim Holtz. The final touch was the addition of the basic pearls on the butterflies. I'm definitely pleased with how this one turned out. Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day!


My Butterflies & Poppies Sympathy Card is entered into the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Andrea, this is gorgeous! Love those poppies, and the embossing is perfect. I'm the same way - I like to make sympathy cards in batches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love how you used the tulip border folder. I find sympathy cards hard to make too. Good idea to make several at a time. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Andrea, love what you've created. Sympathy cards are hard to get right, but you've succeeded here. Thanks for sharing it with us at Diva's, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Beautifull embossing and butterflies.
    Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow

    Huggsss,Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap
    DT Call at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  5. a wonderful and adorable card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty and well designed card. The edge detailing and colors are all soothing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, the embossed border is really elegant -love the poppies too. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blooms. I just love the soft blue color. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, I love that you made a card using all supplies that I own so I can case it! Second, I LOVE how you used the poppy stamp with the script stamp. What a clever idea! They really look great today! Oh, and I love the addition of the butterflies too! Thanks for playing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊