Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Friend to Friend Peacock Card


Good afternoon! This morning I woke up unusually early and I headed straight for my craft room. I found a color challenge at Craftin Desert Diva's that practically screamed at me to use The World Treasures Peacock stamp. Can you believe I've had this stamp for a couple of months and this was the first time I've used it? It really made a beautiful heat embossed image. I was brave and carefully mixed three colors of embossing powder. Then I picked papers to tie the colors together. The design comes from the sketch at Try Stampin' On Tuesday and the embossing works perfectly for the LEJ Designs Emboss It challenge . This Friend to Friend Peacock Card is also entered into the Addicted to Stamps and More Anything Goes challenge. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Friend to Friend Peacock Card Supplies*:
  • Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party and Night of Navy card stock, Concord Crush dsp all by Stampin' Up!, and Poseidon card stock by Core'dinations.
  • Stamps: World Treasures Peacock and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets.
  • Inks & Colouring: VersaMark watermark stamp pad, Stampendous! Pearlustre embossing powder in Lapis and Amethyst and Zing! embossing powder in Teal metallic finish. Classic stampin' pad in Elegant Eggplant.
  • Other Stuff: Big Shot, Fancy Fan embossing folder, heat tool, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, rhinestone basic jewels, and stampin' dimensionals.
*All supplies by Stampin' Up! unless noted.

14 comments:

  1. Really pretty card. Love your colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, thank you for sharing your beautiful card at ATSM. Great job with the heat embossing and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful,Andrea! Gorgeous use of colours and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous! Love those colors and that embossing. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge “ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this stamp - you've created a beautiful card :). Thanks for playing along at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very dramatic colours. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, I've been admiring that Stamp for some time and your card just clinched it for me. I will purchase it...thank you very much! :-) I love how you embossed it... fabulous!! I'm a new follower and just wanted to say thanks for linking up with us at Tara's Craftin Desert Divas “Peacock Color Challenge “ Linky Party.

    ~Donna K
    Craftin Desert Diva's Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful peacock, I love the colors of your card. Thanks for joining us at our Anything Goes Challenge at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours you have used! Your card is fabulous and all the details you have added are perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeek - it's nerve-wracking mixing powders and you did it BEAUTIFULLY here! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have this stamp and have yet to use it! You have definitely inspired me to try it with your beautiful cards. I have never tried mixing embossing powders...will have to give that a try too! Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration and for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card, stunning colours. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining in our current challenge 'Emboss it' over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
    WOW What a stunning card. Gorgeous layout with those very beautiful colours. That stamp and colouring is amazing and makes a brilliant focal point. The layers are beautiful and I love that rich deep embossed layer. Gorgeous, just gorgeous.
    I hope you will join us for many more of our weekly challenges. There are always wonderful prizes up for grabs....

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a beautiful card, beautiful peacock and lovin' the colors, so rich. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week. I enjoyed your card - Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊